Friday, May 18, 2007

St. Maarten

Located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea is the island of St. Maarten. It covers 37 square miles, and Dutch & French are the official languages, although English is spoken everywhere.

The island has many sights and attractions to visit. It offers activities such as hiking, mountain biking, climbing, tennis, and those are only onshore. Aquatic activities like snorkeling, parasailing, renting wave runners, or riding on the banana boat are great fun. You could spend hours in the countless shops and boutiques on the island.

When I was in St. Maarten, my family and I escaped to the beach to relax. We decided on Orient Beach. It was a clothing optional beach which seemed to be the only draw back (since most of the nude people were over the age of 60). The water was a beautiful blue, and the sand was a blistering hot white, like most in the world.

With all the things St. Maarten has to offer, I could see no reason why anyone would not want to visit.

3 Comments:

Blogger jessica myers said...

GIRRLLL your everywhere!:) ...I wish I could travel as much as you. I do get to travel, only in the summer, but it is probably the best thing about lots of leisure time!:) ...I hope to one day maybe,possibly visit all the places you have, or close to that. Maybe in the future, I'll ask you for some tips on what's good to do in certain areas. I always like reading your blog, even though I haven't left you a comment before, I always look for where your going to next. Well chicka, it was good reading your blog and hopefully, like I said before, I get to visit some of your places you've wrote about.

May 18, 2007 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Cap'n Fatback said...

Janelle--

Pretty good but short. More detail could be given about any area your bring up.

Also, try to incorporate pictures into your posts, with links going to actual sites and articles.

3/5 (short)

May 18, 2007 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger NYPRINCESS88* said...

That sounds so beautiful. I want to go there. Man!!!!!... the way you describe St. Maarten, I'm just speechless. Jessica is right, you do go every where. The whole nude thing and the old people...ewwwww. I have images in my head that should not be there. I know you did not want to see that. Well... things happen. I think it's pretty hilarious!!!!!!! Good job with this post.

May 24, 2007 at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home